Social bookmarking sites are very popular these days to bookmark your articles and posts. They help in popularizing your content. As per Wikipedia, the definition of social bookmarking is “A social bookmarking service is a centralized online service which enables users to add, annotate, edit, and share bookmarks of web documents”.
There are many websites like Digg.com, Reddit.com, Stumbleupon.com, Delicious.com etc. that can bring a lot of traffic to your blog or website. You need to register with these social bookmarking sites and post your content on a regular basis. If your post or content gets popular, your website will receive a definite spike in web traffic.
However, there are some points which you need to keep in mind while posting articles or posts in social bookmarking websites.
Important points regarding Social Bookmarking websites
- The title of your article or post should be catchy and attention grabbing. Write a very good short description.
- Your first paragraph is very important, so write it well.
- Make it easy to bookmark your site e.g. put a social bookmarking button at the beginning or end of your article.
- Submit your posts when your target audience is most active (are online).
- There are categories to select when you submit your articles/posts/links. Choose the right category while submitting.
- Submit your articles in lots of social bookmarking sites and this would enable to create back-links to your blog/website.
- Check the grammar and spelling of your articles before posting as some social bookmarking sites would not allow amending articles after publishing.
- It is very important to be active on the social bookmarking websites as they can bring a lot of traffic and popularity to your website or blog.
Thanks for reading this article and if you liked it, do not forget to share it through Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, WhatsApp.